ESG and Sustainable Investing Course
The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has released an ESG and sustainable investing course to provide financial practitioners with ESG and sustainable investment-related training.
CII believes that the rapid growth of the green finance market and the emphasis on sustainable development by regulatory agencies have made the financial industry need more talents who understand sustainable investment. The course can help them integrate sustainable investment into financial practices to meet customers’ preferences and avoid greenwashing.
Related Post: What is Greenwashing? How to Avoid Greenwashing?
Content of ESG and Sustainable Investing Course
This course is designed for people who want to learn about sustainable investing. The course will be divided into four parts – ESG background, investment, customers, and leadership. CII has designed 13 modules in these four aspects, which includes:
- Introduction to ESG (climate change, net zero, social equity, corporate responsibility, etc.).
- Introduction to financial industry applications in a sustainable environment.
- Design sustainable investment portfolios and analyze their risks and returns.
- Understand customers’ sustainability preferences and motivations.
- Learn to apply ESG in fiduciary duties.
- Learn about the development of ESG and sustainable regulations.
By learning the course, users can:
- Understand the development of sustainable finance and the risks and opportunities that sustainability brings to the financial system.
- Understand how to develop plans and provide related services for clients’ sustainable goals.
- Learn to integrate sustainability into investment management and financial product selection.
- Learn to build an investment advice system related to ESG and sustainability.
The course takes approximately 12 hours to complete, and after passing the exam, users can obtain an electronic certificate by CII.